Tuesday 4 January 2011

And A Happy New Year

I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions because I know I'm unlikely to keep thembut this year I did set out to make a fresh start on some things so I told myself that I would:

  1. I'd do some exercises first thing each working day (with a possible long term aim of running again?),
  2. I'd do some guitar practice each day (it had faded out after I stopped having lessons)
  3. I'd try and keep a journal how I was physically and mentally each day.
  4. Start looking for a part-time job.

It's a good job I didn't call them resolutions because I have broken them all already! However, that isn't as bad as it sounds as today was the first working day of the year and I didn't do any exercises or start looking for a job because I have a chest infection. Last year I had 1 chest infection which on the plus side was a big decrease compared to previous years but on the down side it arrived on the morning of my daughter's wedding! Still I got through that day without A) keeling over or B) letting my daughter know so it wasn't too bad. Now if I'm down to one chest infection a year then this means I've already got my one for this year and so I should be OK for the rest of the year (I'm not 100% sure it's going to work like that.)

The guitar practice has started but only today (4 January) so I'm a bit late with that and the journal didn't start till the 3rd.

The first journal entry has got me a bit excited as it could lead to a short series of blogs. I've read, and am re-reading, a book that has got me thinking about the state of the church here in the UK now that we are a post-Christendom society and what changes have to happen to make the church relevant to the rest of the population. My ideas are still forming so I'm not yet ready to kick this off so, hopefully, it's a question of watch this space.

No comments: